New Hire Portal
- Master Checklist
- Relocation/Settlement Allowance & Shipping
- Practical Information
- Emergency Contact
- Airline Tickets
- School Calendar
Welcome to the CI family!!!
We are very excited to have you and cannot wait to meet you here at CI. The purpose of this portal site is to help your transition in terms of visa, paper works as well as living in Korea. Please look through the each section of the portal site including Insider Info below, and feel free to contact HR Dept. (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
We look forward to hearing from you, and even more to meeting you in August!
- Be in contact with the HR Dept. for visa & documents (including your spouse and children)
- Obtain valid passports for all travelers
- Begin to complete / compile following CI Personnel docs and then email copy of those docs to HR Dept. at email@example.com
- CI-Agreement Form
- CI-Emergency Information
- CI-Personnel Data
- CI-Overseas Bank Information
- CI-First Aid/CPR Training
- Please check with your certificate of First Aid/CPR before your arrival. If you have a valid certificate, please fill in the form above, otherwise you will be required to participate in a inhouse training upon your joining in CI.
- Pre-employment Screening on the criminal check for the new hire and his/her partner (if applicable) both from home and country of the lastest residency over 2 years
- The new hire and his/her partner (if applicable)'s criminal check shall be completed by the CI's designated agency so the new hire shall have an email from the agency for required consent form.
- For those who shall submit the Apositlled Criminal Background Check from home country for visa application, please apply/obtain the Apostilled Criminal Background Check from Home country by yourself in separation to the agency's background check.
- Certificate of Residency: This file is required for tax purpose in Korea. Please have it from tax office country of current residence
Three Months Before You Leave
- Make airline reservations through the LOTTE Card Co., Ltd., a designated school travel agency
- Obtain a visa issuance number from HR Department
- Contact a local Korean consulate for visa stamp
- Determine the method of bringing/storing your belongings & initiate action as needed (Contact the General Affairs Dept. for housing floor layout, furniture & appliances)
At Departure Be Sure You Have
- Your valid Passports with Visa stamps inside
- Ticket to Incheon Airport (ICN)
- List of contents for each checked bag of luggage
- Emergency Contact information for Chadwick International (in case something goes wrong)
Step 2. Scan your documents and email them to Songdo HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 3. Send your documents to the HR Dept. via airmail
(Mailing address: Human Resources Dept., Chadwick International School, 45 Art center-daero 97 beon-gil, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon, South Korea)
Step 4. The HR Dept. organize them and fill out paperwork
Step 5. The HR Dept. submit your paperwork to the immigration office to apply for your work visa
Step 6. The Immigration office emails us your visa issuance number
Step 7. The HR Dept. send that number to you by email
Step 8. Visit (or mail your passport and other required docs to) the Korean consulate nearest you (Pls. see Section 3 below)
Step 9. The consulate processes the visa, put it in your passport, and give you back your passport
- The process for work visa stamp on your passport may vary from country to country depending on the Korean embassy or consulate there. While in some countries, individuals may apply for the visa in person, in some other countries, applications are accepted by mail.
- The cost of the visa stamp, mail/post, faxes, notarization fee and any other related expenses that are required in obtaining the visa (of employee and their dependents) are at the employee’s expense.
- Required visa docs for an Administrator position would be different to the faculty/ intern's so it will be directly informed to the new hire whose position is the Administrator.
TYPE A. AS FOR THOSE WHO MEET ONE OF THE REQUIREMENTS BELOW:
[Required documents for Paperwork and Work Visa (E-7) Issuance Number]
[Required documents for Dependents Visa (F-3) Issuance Number]
TYPE B. AS FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT TYPE A Required documents for Paperwork and Work Visa (E-7) Issuance Number
[Required documents for Dependents Visa (F-3) Issuance Number]
- IN LATE MAY CI HR Dept. will apply for a “VISA ISSUANCE NUMBER,” on behalf of employees at the Immigration Office in Incheon. It will take 10~14 business days to obtain a “VISA Issuance Number.”
- IN MID-JUNE (The date is subject to the date of obtaining the “Visa Issuance Number”) The “VISA Issuance NUMBER” will be e-mailed to faculty members. Unless requested, original documents will be kept by CI HR Dept. until employees arrive in Songdo.
IN LATE JUNE (The date is subject to the date of obtaining the “Visa Issuance Number”)
As soon as you receive your “Visa Issuance Number” from CI, you must submit the following materials to the Korean Consulate nearest you to obtain an E-7 Work Visa stamp in your passport. It should be done before your departure to Korea.
[Required Documents for Work Visa (E-7)]
- Completed VISA APPLICATION FORM (dependents also, if applicable)
* The Form will be available on the website of the Korean consulates.
- Your Passport (dependents also, if applicable)
- 1 photo for the Application Form (dependents also, if applicable)
- VISA ISSUANCE NUMBER
- Original Marriage Certificate and/ or Birth Certificate for dependents (if applicable)
Please contact the Korean Embassy or Consulate by phone, email or fax to find out the process, required documents (if any others are needed besides those mentioned above), time frame and whether you have to present the documents in person at the consulate or if you could complete the process via mail.
- Be sure EACH PASSPORT is valid for at least six months before date of actual departure from your point of origin.
- Be sure the passport has enough pages to obtain the Korean visa.
In addition, you will also receive KRW 500,000 of the settlement allowance upon your arrival at Incheon.
Nearly all items that you will need for daily life are available in Korea. Therefore, you would need to decide if the cost of shipping items is more favorable than purchasing duplicate items here. You may also need to decide the method of shipping – such as “Postal Airmail”, “International Courier” (FedEx, DHL, etc.), or other “Shipping Companies.” In order to make the most appropriate shipping for you, please contact DSP Relocations Asia and check for all costs (printed and “unexpected costs”), expected arrival date, custom clearance, the coverage of services (delivery, etc), so on and so forth.
Designated Relocation Company of CI
[Hyundai International Relocations]
- Contact Person: Mr. Jimmy Jung
- Website: www.hyundairelo.com
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +82 31 743 4475 / 4474
[Allied Pickfords Korea]
- Contact Person: Mr. Gregoire Jaquet
- Website: www.alliedpickfords.co.kr
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +82 2 796 5962
- Cell Phone: +82 10 9429 1103
[Santa Fe Relocation Services ]
- Contact Person: Jenny Kim, HHG manager
- Website: www.santaferelo.com
- Email: Korea@santaferelo.com
- Phone: +82 2 797 3134
- Cell Phone: + 82 10 4877 9110
Please contact the designated school relocation company above if you decided to use the shipping company for moving.
After your arrival, you will receive your and your legal dependents’ identification cards and health insurance membership packets. Our health insurance has worldwide coverage and is effective from the first date of your contract through the end of your contract term in CI. Insurance claims are processed electronically through the insurance company’s website: www.gbg.com.
Each faculty/staff member is responsible to file claims in accordance with the policy limitations and deadlines. Please note that most receipts are issued in Korean so if it is necessary to have a receipt in English, you will need to ask for one from the health care provider. For details on coverage and the Providers of Tie Care, please click links below.
You are also covered under the Life/AD&D insurance as well as Worker’s Compensation Insurance.
During the first week of orientation, the HR Department will assist you in opening the Korean Exchange Bank (KEB HANA) bank accounts and will answer basic banking related questions.
The school will directly wire your salary to your Korean Exchange Bank (KEB HANA) accounts (in both USD and KRW accounts) in Korea. You will receive the salary & annuity in USD while the meal & utilities allowances will be in KRW. The payday is the 25th. If a regular payday falls on a weekend or holiday, employees will be paid on the preceding workday.
If you intend to drive in Korea, please bring your national or international driver's license. International licenses are valid during the term of validity. The term of validity is limited to one year and upon expiration, an international license cannot be renewed but instead must be converted to a Korean license. To exchange your driver’s license for a Korean one you must obtain the registration card. You also need to provide a full license from your home country.
For the exchange of your driver’s license to a Korean license please see the following documents:
1. Applicants must hand in their foreign driver’s license (valid) before being issued a Korean license in exchange. When it’s time for you to leave Korea, you can get your foreign driver’s license by showing your passport and airline ticket.
2. Apostille on the valid driver’s license or Embassy certificate of license (Please contact the Notarization Department of the State Government and ask them if they provide the citizen with this service).
4. Alien Registration Card
5. Three photos (3 cm x 4 cm) : Color photos taken within 6 months / 3cm x 4cm / On white background
6. Certificate of Entry and Exit from your birth until present (Can be applied at Community center or Immigration office) - KRW 2,000 per copy along with your ARC or passport.
7. Processing fee: KRW 12,500 at all regional driver's license examination offices (Nearest office is Incheon Motor Vehicle Services Agency :1247, Aam-daero, Namdong-gu, Incheon)
Importantly, based on agreement between Korea and your home country, you may need to pass the written test along with documents mentioned above. For details, please visit the website of Driver's Licence Examination Office below.
Driver's license call center : Tel. 1577-1120
Criminal Records Certificate Issuance
Korean National Police Certificate (KNPC: Crime-Investigation History Report (범죄경력 수사경력 회보서) is available to all visa applicants of any nationality who are physically present in Korea. Bring your Alien Registration Card and visit a nearest Korean national police station. Fill out and submit a Police Records Check. The result will come out in less than 24 hours. This service is free of charge. Original police certificate must be submitted.
Nanny/ House Keeper's Visa (F1)
If you would like to apply for your nanny/ house keeper's visa (F1), please take steps below
Step 1. Upon your arriva in Korea, obtains your ARC (Alien Registration Card)
Step 2. Compiles required docs for Nanny's visa (F1). To see required docs please click a link below.
Required Docs for Nanny Visa (F1)
Step 3. Applies Nanny's Visa (F1) at the Immigratioin (Please contact HR to make an appointment for visiting the Immigration)
Step 4. Receives the Nanny's Visa Issuance Number from the Immigration through cell phone text and then send it to Nanny
Step 5. The nanny / housekeeper then applies for their visa at the Korean Consulate in their country of residence along with his/her visa issuance number. As each Korean Consulate requires various required docs for F1 visa, the nanny must contact the Korean Conulate for required docs for applying visa before application.
Step 6. Upon visa issuance, the nanny is eligible to relocate to Korea. the nanny / housekeeper must apply for his/her ARC (alien registration card) at his/her local immigration office.
Step 7. The nanny/ housekeeper must apply for his/her ARC (Alien Registration Card) at the immigration. To see required docs, please click a link below. (Please contact HR to make an appointment for visiting the Immigration)
Required Docs for Nanny Visa & ARC (F1)
Immigration Information: You can contact the immigration 'helpline' at 1345 (press 3 and then * for English). The people on this helpline are extremely helpful and very clear.
|Head of School||Shelly Willefirstname.lastname@example.org||+82 10 7123 6531|
|Principal of Students Well-Being||Bobby Fagogenisemail@example.com||+82 10 4179 5676|
|Upper School Principal||Russell McGrathfirstname.lastname@example.org||+82 10 5163 6008|
|Middle School Principal||Connie Kimemail@example.com||+82 10 9659 8222|
|Village School Principal||Julian Taylorfirstname.lastname@example.org||+82 10 3394 0913|
|Human Resources||Chris Choiemail@example.com||+82 10 9121 7950|
|General Affairs||Hakman Leefirstname.lastname@example.org||+82 10 6737 9699|
|Admissions||Soleiman Diasemail@example.com||+82 10 5645 1409|
Suggested Arrival Date : TBD
If your arrival date is other than above dates, please contact GA Dept. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Designated Travel Agency of CI
- Contact Person : Ms. InSook Seo
- Company Name : LOTTE Card
- Email : email@example.com
- Phone : +82 2 2050 2472 (available 9:00 A.M. – 18:30 P.M., Monday to Friday)
- 24 Hour Emergency Contact : +82 2 2050 1911 / +82 10 4753 1911
If you already purchased your one-way ticket to Incheon, please inform to GA by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be reimbursed by CI upon your receipt. Please contact HR office.
We - at CI Admissions - are all thrilled to have you joining the Chadwick community for the next school year, and we can't wait to have your children/family here on our campus as well.
If you have children whom you intend to enroll at Chadwick International, you must submit an application on their behalf. All students must go through the online application process, including sending us all supporting documents and taking the entrance assessments. Applications are available at: CI Application
All required documents must be provided, although we wave the application fee.
For more information about admission to Chadwick International, please visit us at CI Admission.