The Upper School graduation requirements are:
1. Attain a total of 24 credits over the course of Grades 9-12.
2. Study a minimum of four courses at a Grade 12 level for the entirety of the year.
3. Meet the minimum requirements for each subject as follows:
- English: four credits
- Individuals & Society: three credits
- Mathematics: three credits
- Science: three credits (two credits of lab sciences)
- Global Language: two credits
- Arts: one credit
- Health & Physical Education: one credit
- Outdoor Education: participation for each year at Chadwick **
- Completion of Creativity Action and Service (CAS)
- Completion of Extended Essay (EE) or Senior Project
The above requirements are minimum levels of graduation, however in most cases to best support student entrance into college we would expect that students would attain four years of study in the core subject area of English, Individuals and Society, Mathematics and Science, more that two years of a Second Language and a minimum of two years of Arts and PE.
One credit is awarded each year for the full-time study of year long subjects in Grades 9-12 at Chadwick. Partial credits may be awarded for subjects that have less hours than a regular course of study such as Theory of Knowledge (ToK).