2019-2020 Application process for foreign families relocating to korea
Foreigners relocating to Korea can apply throughout the year if any vacancy become available. When clicking on the online application link, you will first be required to register for an account. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us directly for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chadwick International is committed to selecting mission-fit students who will become passionate self-directed learners of the highest character. Students will be equipped with the tools and experiences they need to build enduring friendships around the world based on the shared values of honesty, respect, responsibility, fairness, and compassion. Chadwick International also values academic excellence, creativity, and sustainability.
Grade/Age Eligibility Chart for the 2019-2020 School Year
|Date of Birth||Grade Level|
|Sept.1, 2014 - Aug.31, 2015||Pre-K|
|Sept.1, 2013 - Aug.31, 2014||K|
|Sept.1, 2012 - Aug.31, 2013||Grade 1|
|Sept.1, 2011 - Aug.31, 2012||Grade 2|
|Sept.1, 2010- Aug.31, 2011||Grade 3|
|Sept.1, 2009 - Aug.31, 2010||Grade 4|
|Sept.1, 2008 - Aug.31, 2009||Grade 5|
|Sept.1, 2007 - Aug.31, 2008||Grade 6|
|Sept.1, 2006 - Aug.31, 2007||Grade 7|
|Sept.1, 2005 - Aug.31, 2006||Grade 8|
|Sept.1, 2004 - Aug.31, 2005||Grade 9|
|Sept.1, 2003- Aug.31, 2004||Grade 10|
|Sept.1, 2002 - Aug.31, 2003||Grade 11|
|Sept.1, 2001 - Aug.31, 2000||Grade 12|
- Step 1: Submit Online Application Form and Non-Refundable Application Fee
- Step 2: Submit Supplemental Documents
- Step 3: Admission Assessments and Interviews
- Step 4: Notification of Admissions Decision
- Step 5: Complete Enrollment Process
The applicant’s first task is to complete the online application form and submit the non-refundable application fee of 400,000 KRW or $350 USD to one of the bank accounts below:
• Bank: Shinhan Bank
• Account number for USD: 180-005-295309
• Account number for KRW: 140-008-960456
• Swift Code: SHBKKRSE
• Account Holder: Chadwick International School Songdo
Supplemental Documents by Grade
- Village School : Pre-K | K and Grade 1 | Grades 2-5
- Middle School: Grades 6-8
- Upper School: Grades 9-11
Once Chadwick International receives the application, an automatic confirmation email will be sent to the parents. Parents can track the application progress through their online application account.
Supplemental documents may be mailed or emailed to the Admissions Office.
It is important to remember that Chadwick International cannot begin processing an application until all documentation is received and the non-refundable application fee has been paid.
Note: All documents submitted to Chadwick International will be considered the property of the school and will not be returned.
Assessments and Interviews
Upon receipt of a student's completed application, parents or guardians will be contacted via email with a scheduled appointment for assessments and interviews.
Pre-Kindergarten ~ Grade 2
As part of the readiness assessment, each child will be shadowed in the classroom of his(her) age which will collect information regarding developmental readiness in the areas of: social relations, emerging literacy and numeracy skills, as well as overall physical development.
Grades 3 ~ 11
Applicants to Grades 3 ~ 11 will complete a set of admission assessments designed to evaluate their proficiency in reading comprehension, language usage, Mathematics, and English written skills as well as class shadowing.
Admissions Committee's decision will be made after a careful analysis of each applicant's file. The final decision may indicate:
• ACCEPTANCE: If your child is accepted, you will receive a formal Letter of Acceptance along with an online enrollment contract.
• REGRET: Some students are denied admission based on their academic and/or behavioral record, if their English language proficiency does not meet the requirements of the grade to which they are applying, or if CI lacks a program to meet their individual needs.
• WAIT POOL: A candidate is placed on a wait pool list when he or she is eligible for admission, but there is currently no space in the grade for which he or she is applying.
After receiving the acceptance letter from CI Admissions, the following steps must be completed to proceed with the student’s enrollment process.
- Sign Online Contract
- Tuition Payment made
- Student's account generated by IT Office
- Medical form Nurses’ Office
- Report of Physician's Exam (can be completed ahead of time)
- Online Health Form ( Immunization, Medicine Authorization, etc. )
- Notified Class Schedule and Start Date