Primary Years Programme (PreK-G5)
Chadwick International is an authorized IBPYP school with a self-generated curriculum based on the International Baccalaureate Organization's (IBO) curricular programme.
The curriculum construction is based on a backwards by design model from the recognized “Understanding by Design" (UbD™) framework and is an ongoing process involving all stakeholders of the school.
The curriculum plan for the village grades Pre-K to 5 consists of an overall plan that is called the “Programme of Inquiry” (POI) wherein which each grade level has an individual curriculum plan based on six transdisciplinary themes:
1. Who we are – includes an inquiry into the nature of the self; what it means to be human.
2. Where we are in place and time – includes an inquiry into the interconnectedness of individuals and civilizations, from local and global perspectives.
3. How we express ourselves - includes an inquiry into the ways in which we discover and express ideas, feelings, nature, culture, beliefs and values.
4. How the world works – includes an inquiry into the impact of scientific and technological advances on society and on the environment.
5. How we organize ourselves – includes an inquiry into the interconnectedness of human made systems and communities.
6. Sharing the planet – includes an inquiry into rights and responsibilities in the struggle to share finite resources with other living things; peace and conflict resolution.